Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ DireVPS ★ 8 Months on ★ £4.00 ★ 4GB RAM, 1GB Swap, 100GB Disk, 2000GB BW, Two IPv6 and 1 IPv4 ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ DireVPS ★ 8 Months on ★ £4.00 ★ 4GB RAM, 1GB Swap, 100GB Disk, 2000GB BW, Two IPv6 and 1 IPv4 ★

DaveDave Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

8 months on and DireVPS is still going strong

The offer:

OpenVZ Container

• £4.00/month per 4GB RAM
  • 1GB Swap
  • 100GB Disk space
  • 2000GB monthly data transfer
  • One IPv4 address
  • Two IPv6 addresses

RapidSwitch Datacentre (Maidenhead, UK) 4x 10k RPM in Hardware RAID10 with BBU

Full Details
http://www.direvps.com

Order URL
https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/page3.php?product=399

Previous comments

Don't take our word for it! Check out the incredible response we received last time!

• gubbyte - "No thanks."
  • Amarielle - "Is it me or is that the worst advert ever?"
  • CVPS_Chris - "Haha, site is a joke, restrictions are a joke, and no IPv4 is a joke. No competition here. looks like a 10 year old made it."
  • AuroraZ - "I would not touch this with a 100ft. pole."

If that doesn't convince you, nothing will!

Your feedback

The feedback we got from most people last time was that we weren't old enough, the advert was atrocious and 'dire' had negative connotations so we're addressing all those concerns.

Now we're older. Now we're more atrocious and now we're even more Dire-er-rer!

All feedback welcome :)

Comments

• That's quite a deal right there.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • @Dave said:

Previous comments

:-)

• I tried this for a month. No complaints.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • Interesting service because it's actually honest, and when compared, this is actually hard to think of as oversold.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

Don't take our word for it! Check out the incredible response we received last time!

• gubbyte - "No thanks."
    • Amarielle - "Is it me or is that the worst advert ever?"
    • CVPS_Chris - "Haha, site is a joke, restrictions are a joke, and no IPv4 is a joke. No competition here. looks like a 10 year old made it."
    • AuroraZ - "I would not touch this with a 100ft. pole."

If that doesn't convince you, nothing will!

That's the best thing I've read today! I would try it if I just wouldn't have so many your XenVZ products already :)

Thanked by 1Dave
  • what container is this?

• @Ruriko said:
    what container is this?

This is OpenVZ. I've just added it above too - thanks.

• Their website was reworked. It's not as scary as before.

• darn I was hoping it was KVM

• accept for seedbox ?

• What are the node specs?

• Well those 2 IPv6s are not working for a long time, otherwise, this is good. Yes I've been there since you post this offer the 1st time, that's quite long ago, isn't it?

Thanked by 1Dave
  • @blackeye said:
    accept for seedbox ?

No seedboxing allowed unfortunately.

• @rchurch said:
    What are the node specs?

It varies depending on the node but the minimum spec you'll get is a quad core Xeon.

• @AstroProfundis said:
    Well those 2 IPv6s are not working for a long time, otherwise, this is good. Yes I've been there since you post this offer the 1st time, that's quite long ago, isn't it?

I've not heard any issues with IPv6 but if you open up a support ticket we can see if it's a network issue. Thanks :)

• CPU still 800 MHz, or is it better now?

• @jcaleb said:
    CPU still 800 MHz, or is it better now?

I'm curious too.

• 2G Ram with 2G swap and 150G HD will be better

• i am order but my invoice £5.91 not £4.00
    can you explain it

• @ZeroCool I signed up with them before. It is because they align it on a billing date. So you are paying for more 1 month and maybe a week.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@ZeroCool said:
    i am order but my invoice £5.91 not £4.00
    can you explain it

Pro rata billing.
    Billing period with OpenITC is from 1st to last day in a month so next invoices will be £4.00 but intially you're invoiced for november + remaining days in october.

Thanked by 1Dave
  • @jcaleb said:
    CPU still 800 MHz, or is it better now?

Yes, the CPUs are capped at 800MHz each.

• @ynzheng said:
    2G Ram with 2G swap and 150G HD will be better

We're looking into providing more storage in future but so far the biggest request is for yet more RAM.

• @ZeroCool said:
    i am order but my invoice £5.91 not £4.00
    can you explain it

Spirit is correct - your invoice is for the remainder of this month plus the whole of next month. Your next invoice (and every invoice after it) will be for £4 and that next invoice will be due for payment at the end of November (about 6 weeks away).

• @Dave Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited November 2013

@Dave said:
    Yes, the CPUs are capped at 800MHz each.

sir can you increase little the cpu speed
    2 corex800mhz = 1600Mhz
    1 core normaly is +2000Mhz

then this is u give not until 1 core mhz speed if normal calculation right

i know you give big ram but you has been know to if only hosted 1 until 4 site
    that will be not use ram until 4 gb ram

that not only ram but cpu speed is more importan for the read data performance right

• ordered

• @Dave said:
    Spirit is correct - your invoice is for the remainder of this month plus the whole of next month. Your next invoice (and every invoice after it) will be for £4 and that next invoice will be due for payment at the end of November (about 6 weeks away).

My VPS is Offline has been more 12 hour :( my ticket sending 8 hours ago still no answer

• @ZeroCool said:
    My VPS is Offline has been more 12 hour :( my ticket sending 8 hours ago still no answer

Can you give me your ticket number and I'll go take a look for you?

• @Dave said:
    Can you give me your ticket number and I'll go take a look for you?

[support #1004338]