Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dealing with the CVPS_Chris Bullsh*t
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dealing with the CVPS_Chris Bullsh*t

So in regards to all the BS that has been flying around, I though our good old @CVPS_Chris deserved his own thread. Since evidently it is now okay on LET to bash a single person (buffalloed). http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14656/dealing-with-the-buffalooed-bullsh-t-mafia#latest

In any case this post is a proof of concept.

Now lets start. http://colocrossing.com/downloads/cases/ColoCrossing-CaseStudy-ChicagoVPS.pdf

This case study makes a couple of great claims like in regards to ChicagoVPS:

low density (not overloading)
High Quality
Virtualized Grid Redundancy
Cloud's Inherent Redundancy
Security a virtual private server offers
Their OpenVZ offering provides a lower cost, Linux only option for customers looking for security and values.
We only accept the best for our customers - with that mindset ColoCrossing was the obvious choice.
...utilizing only Cisco equipment we're important factors during the decision making process.
... with the machine's performance and resiliency under load.
... helped ChicagoVPS.net deliver an exceptional product to their customers.
... without needing to worry about whether their infrastructure could keep up.

Now first off, are we talking about the same company? I have never had any luck with the above and CVPS.

First off low density? Ummm, as a former customer, it took on occasion over two hours to load the maps for my gaming servers. This is of course "(not overloading)" at its finest. I mean, that is "high quality" right?

"... helped ChicagoVPS.net deliver an exceptional product to their customers." and "... with the machine's performance and resiliency under load." Hmm, not the experience I received. http://www.lowendhelp.com/chicagovps-last-chance-email/

"Virtualized Grid Redundancy"... LOL, that is such a joke. There is no redundancy at CVPS. People whom went through the first attack on CVPS know this for a fact as they lost tons and tons of data in the blink of an eye. Its not they were claiming there service to be secure or anything <_< "Security a virtual private server offers". I guess the "Cloud's Inherent Redundancy" was just is a misnomer, at the time. In case you didn't hear it the first time they even say it again "Their OpenVZ offering provides a lower cost, Linux only option for customers looking for security and values." I'm not sure when values and security = loss of data.

Here is a quote from one of there emails "Despite numerous
attempts at recovering the undeleted data per VPS on each node, we have
only been successful at a few VPS’s per node in their entirety." I mean that is redundancy right...?

"We only accept the best for our customers - with that mindset ColoCrossing was the obvious choice." This is laughable. The best? Doubtful. I mean how does CC stand up to a DDoS attack? How about those lovely network routes? How about those 200kbps network speeds or less? Calling yourself the best is easily proved wrong. You can call yourself good, but not the best.

"...utilizing only Cisco equipment we're important factors during the decision making process." http://vpsboard.com/topic/1874-colocrossings-core-router-is-a-switch/
Juniper is Cisco right? If it isn't then wouldn't this be going directly against what your customer(s) want?

-and finally- "... without needing to worry about whether their infrastructure could keep up." The first attack proved that they were too unworried.

I mean, come on guys. This case study is full BS. It is an attempt to boost CC on lies, that have never been true. The reason you choose CC is because it is cheap, and they can give you a ton of bandwidth. Which is great, but doesn't mean they are the best choice.

(fun fact, did you notice the typos in the case study, very professional)

Mun

Thanked by 1Bogdacutuu

Comments

• eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited October 2013

This case study has been discussed in the past. No need for this thread.

If you want to bash CVPS/CC/Chris, give us something new. :P

• get a life!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You know, a lot of people put famous quotes in forum signatures. I look up to Chris so much, I did the same.

• MunMun Member

@jvnadr said:
    get a life!

Thanks, I have one now that I have removed CVPS from my life meaning I don't have to constantly put tickets in to get there I/O fixed.

Mun

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Mun said:

I guess this thread can be closed then. Whew!

• MunMun Member

@eric1212 said:

Actually, that is the thing, the Bufalloed post is pointless, just a bash, just like this one.

Mun

Here's a fun one. See how many times you can find Chris insulting his customers with the following google search:

"Fabozzi" site:lowendbox.com

• MunMun Member
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:
    Here's a fun one. See how many times you can find Chris insulting his customers with the following google search:

"Fabozzi" site:lowendbox.com

He did it to me while I was a customer.

Also he likes to lie: http://vpsboard.com/topic/1857-ugvps-thomas-dale-crystal-dale-chicagovps/

Mun

• I LOVE DRAMA KEEP GOING!!

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited October 2013

@eric1212 said:
    This case study has been discussed in the past. No need for this thread.

If you want to bash CVPS/CC/Chris, give us something new. :P

+1

You guys look lame without new material.... like aging stale comedians. ;-)

^

Logic tells us that if a newbie signs up, knows all the stories and all the players, he/she isn't really a newbie. Say hello to Adam guys.

• MunMun Member

@jimpop said:

Actually it is brand new, as I just wrote it. The main frame content may be the same, but it is of my own experience of CVPS.

Mun

• I'm wondering why you guys are giving all the extra publicity to CVPS. Just reading Chris's responses to genuine criticism has put me off from ever signing up for one of their offers, but who cares about these people anyway?

@joelgm said:
    I'm wondering why you guys are giving all the extra publicity to CVPS. Just reading Chris's responses to genuine criticism has put me off from ever signing up for one of their offers, but who cares about these people anyway?

I play a lot of games that use timers.

• This case study has been discussed in the past. No need for this thread.

Agree 100%. Everyone here has heard all of this Mun. No need to post it 1000 times.

If you're really upset with the service you received as a customer my suggestion would be to post your experience on one of the numerous CVPS threads on SlickDeals, or to post your experiences on one of the very large consumer complaint sites.

If you're really upset about New Wave Netconnect /ChicagoVPS's failing to follow the exact letter of the law in California's data breach notification policy then go file a complaint with the California AG .

You guys look lame without new material..

Agreed. Thread suggestion: some clown claims he has 10 employees on his LinkedIn profile. Perfect thread material.

I now bid this thread adieu so I can return to reading the endless debate between The Texas Terrorist "J" and The Godless OVH Hater "M" in the Americans are Strange thread.

• LeeLee Veteran

@mun - You are the one that looks stupid here, granted it's an easy look for you but opening the thread purely on a tit for tat basis just makes you look worse.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Infinity
  • This is getting old real fast.

• This is stupid and it makes you look stupid.

• This news is old. We each have our own views on ColoCrossing as a company. Some like them, some don't, point simple. Believe it or not, giving them bad publicity actually just drives more traffic to them and more orders. That's just how it is. You're not hurting ChicagoVPS/ColoCrossing in any way by posting this thread.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I blame VPSBoard for this thread.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser mpkossen
  • LeeLee Veteran

You can't blame another site for one person being a tit.

• Jesus, @Mun, I thought you were a grown-up and could be the bigger man. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem an option for you...

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MunMun Member
    edited October 2013

@mpkossen said:
    Jesus, Mun, I thought you were a grown-up and could be the bigger man. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem an option for you...

I'm actually surprised all the idiots here haven't stated it yet actually. This is the first thread where bashing CVPS hasn't been closed, locked, deleted, etc. Showing the changes that have been made at LET. As well as the function that we now can bash a single entity just to bash it. I half expected this thread to be deleted actually.

However, it does point out that this forum is full of very very shitty people.

Its full intent is to show that LET is different now or not. Frankly I got over CVPS awhile ago in a private chat with him.

Mun

• Another user who uses his VPS's for gaming servers. Isn't your gameboy enough?

• MunMun Member

@spazzo said:
    Another user who uses his VPS's for gaming servers. Isn't your gameboy enough?

At the time when I started they were perfectly fine. As time went on and they began filling in the servers more and more it got more and more annoying. It actually may have been CVPS trying to push me out. I learned my lesson over time and began moving to dedicated and colocated servers. However, I have used many hosts for hosting game servers that weren't abusive with no problem. CVPS wasn't one of them.

Mun

• @Mun said:
    I'm actually surprised all the idiots here haven't stated it yet actually. This is the first thread where bashing CVPS hasn't been closed, locked, deleted, etc. Showing the changes that have been made at LET. As well as the function that we now can bash a single entity just to bash it. I half expected this thread to be deleted actually.

However, it does point out that this forum is full of very very shitty people.

Its full intent is to show that LET is different now or not. Frankly I got over CVPS awhile ago in a private chat with him.

Mun

Bashing CVPS has for me never been a reason to close or delete a thread. Same with other providers. However, there is a line somewhere that can be crossed. Too much bashing will be considered SPAM.

If you don't like this place and all its "idiots" (which I personally don't think they are), don't come over here. Nobody's forcing you and by you saying that you don't like the people here, I can only draw the conclusing you're here to troll/bash CVPS.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @mpkossen said:
    Jesus, Mun, I thought you were a grown-up and could be the bigger man. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem an option for you...

This exact same statement should also have been posted in the thread Fabozzi started. :)

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:

It's okay, you will still never be as good as @Liam.