Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Review

shunnyshunny Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to LET and so far I can see that this is a great community to get advice/help/discuss, etc on "LowEndBoxs".
Just wanted to say hello and want to provide you a review on my experience on BuyVM.
Now I know after you read my review you will probably say I'm a Pony fan, but come on! These guys are awesome!
So, I started my service with BuyVM on August 3, 2011 with their OV-128 package. At first I was really hesitant on buying a VM with them because well I tend to be careful on choosing hosts as there seems to be a fare amount of, Ehem, phony hosts. And honestly I really needed a good host. I actually found it entertaining that I had to wait in line for Stock and when stock actually came out I almost couldn't get it. But I lucked out and landed myself upon one.
So from my purchase date till now I have to say the up-time is great, IO performance is great and sometimes I find it hard to believe that this is a VM (I might be over exaggerating that a bit but hey :) ).
Support from them has been great too, they provide short but with responses with the exact information you want. When they perform upgrades on their nodes they have been kind enough on sending emails out and notifying me that it will be offline for a bit or whatever the reason may be.
Well that is my short but hopefully helpful for some, review of BuyVM.
Now I'm waiting until they have more stock! :P

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2012

Pppppppoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

To quote Anthony just now "Don't get a phony, get a pony!"

Thanks for the kind words :)

The only maintenance that has actually had downtime has been the E3 upgrades for the KVM stuff. All of our OpenVZ maintenance has caused, at most, a 30 second restart to their CT's.

Thanks again :)

Francisco

• Haha! Ya, I guess I forgot to add that. Woops :P But then again that maintenance was actually for the good so I don't mind it. I'm rather sure no one does. And no problem! Everyone and anyone who deserves the kind words should get it! That is what I always say! Have a good one!

• Glad you're happy with it, they seem like nice people with an excellent service.

• Yup! You are actually on my list to give a test drive. :)

• @shunny If that was said in my direction, then please stop by any time!

• @vps6net yes sir! I will soon

• This is not a review, this is a testimonial :S