Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipv6 vpn how to? using PPTP VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipv6 vpn how to? using PPTP VPN

hello, i have my VPS with ipv4 and ipv6, i can surf using the ipv4, but is there a config or someone could make it work to use both?? ( ipv4 and ipv6)

of course, on my pc, is only ipv4.

there are software like SofthEter or OpenVPN, but i want to know if just using the simple PPTP server.

thanks.

Comments

• So you want to make a PPTP VPN server that also functions as a IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel?

• skaska Member
    edited September 2013

You won't be able to have a complete IPv6 translated into IPv4. That's not possible (deprecated NAT-PT). If you want to keep your computer IPv4-only your only chance is to set-up a web-proxy. However, other content than surfing the web won't be ipv6-enabled.

What you can do, however, is to use your computer IPv6-only and have all IPv4-traffic translated into IPv6 (NAT64).

Besides that, every 6to4-tunnel also requires your computer to understand IPv6 (dual-stack). However, the IPv6-packets are encapsulated into IPv4-packets (tunnel) between your computer (endpoint) and the tunnel-broker (startpoint) to be transported (tunneled) over IPv4-only networks. Since both extract the IPv6-addresses from the IPv4-packet, they need to understand IPv6 and IPv4. Only the network in-between can be IPv4-only.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited September 2013

@darknyan said:
    So you want to make a PPTP VPN server that also functions as a IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel?

yes

• thanks @ska let me try what you say.