Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America!

That's really great that Prometeus extending their location to America!

Hello everyone !

As you probably know already, we launched IaaS services with all the bells and whistles (HA, fail-over, load-balancing, pay by the hour, etc) in our datacenter in Milano, Italy (www.iwstack.com).
This offers flexible virtualization for almost all possible scenarios, from cheap low end VPS to large scale deployments for professionals, but there is one thing that lacks and this is the choice of locations. We heard you and now we are heading to America!

We plan to extend our IaaS cloud over there, but only after we find the perfect location. This will need a few field tests with real load and this is where we need your feedback to help decide.

That is right, we are opening services in Dallas (TX), with two of our best selling OVZ plans with SSD in order to test the reliability of the location and the quality of the network all over the world.
Note that these services will stay in place, we do not plan to discontinue OVZ even if we choose not to deploy IWStack over there.

Plans available for now in Dallas are here:
https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=18

Orders will be provisioned and approved manually and provisioned in 24-48 hours max.

Thank you for your collaboration, any feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards

Salvatore

Comments

• You are always the best. So much better that already bored (kidding)
    I wish luck to you guys.)

• IWStack in the US FTW.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Hello !

Just a quick mention, at this time it is valid only for existing customers in good standing.
    Thank you for your understanding.

• Dallas... that's so... boring.

edited September 2013

That is not final, we may or may not deploy iwstack there, but between chicago with good us+canada covering and miami with good south america covering, thought Dallas is a good compromise, but the most important aspect is DC quality.
    We will test others too, either privately or by renting some servers and making offers for real world usage scenarios.
    Unfortunately, something also lacking there is good IPv6 coverage :(.
    There are tons of things to consider, but the most important is available remote hands at any hour and quick reply in case of problems, that is the most important thing that kept uncle from expanding, I hope things will work well.

• What DC in Dallas?

Incero

• @Maounique said:
    Incero

Good choice!

• @Maounique said:
    Hello !

Just a quick mention, at this time it is valid only for existing customers in good standing.
    Thank you for your understanding.

I don't understand why you keep limiting stuff to existing customers only.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@awson said:

only the free month promotional code is limited to customers. Everybody is welcome to become customer buyng at the regular and I hope decent price :-)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

@awson said:

Sorry, I wasnt clear. It is to limit abuse, mainly and to reward loyalty. Our customers were asking for years for a US location. Here it is:

root@dallas:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  3499.882 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 384 MB
    Total amount of swap : 384 MB
    System uptime :   8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 101MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 28.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 110MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 14.8MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 16.2MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 17.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 15.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 65.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 67.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 70.5MB/s
    I/O speed :  1.5 GB/s
    root@dallas:~#

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • SSD model? Samsung 830 series SSD or Crucial M500 SSD ?

@MuZo said:
    SSD model? Samsung 830 series SSD or Crucial M500 SSD ?

The answer is... Both :P We have more setups, servers are not same make and storage, we do not colo them, they are rented.
    However, in case we deploy IWStack, all equipment will be ours including switches.

• Congratulations for the expanding :)
    I will try to order tomorrow, since my current ip is showing from Us.

When will it supporting ipv6 in Dallas? :)

edited September 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    When will it supporting ipv6 in Dallas? :)

I am afraid that is one problem we are aware of so far. However, if everything else checks out, we will find a way to bring IPv6 to america, ARIN is running out of IPv4, maybe will nudge DCs to start working on it.

I wouldnt wait until tomorrow, by the speed they go, may be too late. I will approve your order.

• thank you very much M :)

• So who is moving to America to sleep with the servers? ;-) I doubt @Maounique would agree to go to the Land Of Evil ;-)

• for looking glass with server in Indonesia, wa can use one of my server here :

https://iix-gtw.erawanarifnugroho.com

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • for looking glass with server in Indonesia, wa can use one of my server here :

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    So who is moving to America to sleep with the servers? ;-) I doubt Maounique would agree to go to the Land Of Evil ;-)

you know, when children grow you need to let them go alone :'-|

I'm still crying...

edited September 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    for looking glass with server in Indonesia, wa can use one of my server here :

From what i see, you are 20% closer to italy than to texas.

@rds100 said:
    So who is moving to America to sleep with the servers? ;-) I doubt Maounique would agree to go to the Land Of Evil ;-)

Nah, I am needed to take care of ballsvps here, cant go to us even if I wanted :) Besides, they dont give visas to godless terrorists.

• hehe yes, we are closer to Italy compared to Texas. And that's something weird compared to other US providers.

The only one can beat the fast connection is only BuyVM Las Vegas to Indonesia.

More than that, I need a vps to watch hulu :D

• Amazing 1.6GB/s I/O.

@Ishaq said:
    Amazing 1.6GB/s I/O.

Haha, you didnt believe and had to get one :P
    That being said, not all servers are the same, but there will be plenty of io for everyone.

• sold out?

not as far as i know ?
    Only the 1 GB ones are out of stock. We will put up more.

• This is awesome. Just add more payment options please. Indian Debit Cards don't work with paypal. I have applied for a credit card just to pay bills of my existing VPS with you :-P
    Looks like I wont be able to get this one as it may take time

Place an order and we will keep stock, just open a ticket about it.

• USA? meh..

Another server is up, 1 GB plan has been restocked and it is also available. I hope it lasts a bit more than a few hours this time :)