Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM closed my paid account without reason, without explanation till now!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM closed my paid account without reason, without explanation till now!

This is an odd and awful situation for me.
Yesterday, early in afternoon, I opened a support ticket to my BlueVM account. I have 3 vps with them. The ticket was about a block to the ip from one of the three servers, from Spamhaus. The blocked IP was not caused from my activity, but because Spamhaus did block a whole /24 range of ip's of "Velocity Servers" company, because some other 3 ip's from my range did have spam activities. Probably, BlueVM rent the servers from "Velocity".
My ip is not included in the ip's that did the spamming. My IP was always clear and safe. But unfortunately my ip is included in the /24 range of the Velocity Servers range that Spamhaus blocked them all! What an awful decision from Spamhaus!

I informed Spamhaus 2 days ago, but they didn't respond and they haven't till now unblocked my IP.

So, I decided to inform my provider, BueVM. I hoped that they could solve the problem and unblock my ip or give me another.
When I informed BLUE VM for this problem (I opened ticket ID 839198), they cancelled my account! They didn't give me any explanation, or even inform me that they cancelled my whole account!

I went earlier to their site and opened a new ticket to Sales (the only section that let me open a ticket without an account).
I wrote:
"I cant login to my account and your site says that my account does not exist when I enter my mail for a password reset. My email is [email protected]".
Ishaq responded:
Hello,
Your account does exist. It was closed. I am finding out why now.
Let us know if you need anything else!
It has been 6 hours and then, I received another response to the ticked I opened from my account that it was closed, saying:
I received this response from them:
BlueVM
Hello,
All of your services are currently cancelled.
Let us know if you need anything else (!!!!!).
The ticked came to my email, I couldn't even login to my account to read it and response.

It has been almost 14 hours from my initial ticket, and still haven't any answer about the closure of my whole account or the banned ip. Notice that the vps are actually working (I can log in via terminal).

Hope I will get an answer soon and Ishaq solve the problem.

Comments

• Better get a backup of your servers while you can still login

• did you do something that cause some serious damage? I had an issue with spam a few months ago and created some trouble with bluevm at one point. They understand what happen and provided a solution for me to fix without penalty.

• I don't have critical content ti those servers, I always keep backup of my live and critical vps's. But I have paid for my service, I didn't have any serious complaints from them till now and I want to use the services I have.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
  • No, as far as I know, my boxes are clear from anything that can harm the nodes. They didn't even loaded because I don't have any live service or active installed scripts to them

• Can I say I'm surprised? No

• @AlexanderM said:
    BlueVM Ishaq

Yes, I know that Ishaq is BlueVM and I'm waiting a response from him

• From my knowledge bluevm doesn't use velocity servers nor there IPs. A better guess is that they checked into the emails being sent out and they classified them as spam.

• @Mun said:
    From my knowledge bluevm doesn't use velocity servers nor there IPs. A better guess is that they checked into the emails being sent out and they classified them as spam.

I don't know what BlueVM using, I didn't search it. All I know is that Spamhaus state for banning the ip /24 range is for getting spam from 3 IP's belonging to Velocity Servers.

• @Mun said:
    From my knowledge bluevm doesn't use velocity servers nor there IPs. A better guess is that they checked into the emails being sent out and they classified them as spam.

Velocity Servers IS Colocrossing, so they do.

• I'm attempting to figure out why your account was closed. Your VPS are still online, but one of my staff felt it necessary to close your account.

From what I understand Ishaq was able to trace your account to another account we had on file with a similar ip/name/email to the one you used. That account had several VPS terminated for spam. He believed that the person who sent the spam was/is you and that you were submitting the ticket in an effort to "clean up" the block so you could send more spam.

The email addresses (same beginning), names on the account and IPs (same /23) are all very similar in nature. Thus I can see where he drew the conclusion from. What I don't understand is why he closed your account, didn't suspend your VPS and didn't consult me before closing your account.

I am calling him now to find out what exactly is going on. Either way I am going to get to the bottom of this...

• emdademdad Member
    edited September 2013

@BlueVM said:

From what I understand Ishaq was able to trace your account to another account we had on file with a similar ip/name/email to the one you used. That account had several VPS terminated for spam. He believed that the person who sent the spam was/is you and that you were submitting the ticket in an effort to "clean up" the block so you could send more spam.

Couldn't your stuff just tell him this on that ticket? freaky.....

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2013

@BlueVM said:
    I'm attempting to figure out why your account was closed. Your VPS are still online, but one of my staff felt it necessary to close your account.

The email addresses (same beginning), names on the account and IPs (same /23) are all very similar in nature. Thus I can see where he drew the conclusion from. What I don't understand is why he closed your account, didn't suspend your VPS and didn't consult me before closing your account.

I am calling him now to find out what exactly is going on. Either way I am going to get to the bottom of this...

My email is jvnadr@****.com (you know the provider). Do you really have a similar client's email with mine, or similar client's name? Odd!

Anyway, I have not any other account with you. This is my only account with 3 boxes. I have some accounts with some other providers, with the exact same email and username that I use with your company.

I don't do or ever did spamming or anything like this. I just use some boxes for my live projects of my primary job (3 news portals and some client sites) and I use the others for testing, playing and learning.

I don't want you to clean up any block. Just my IP.
    I wanted my ip cleaned, so, leave all other ips banned, I really don't care!
    Or, just change my ip and leave the block banned. I also don't care.

But, the proof I didn't do spamming or anything illegal is that you didn't close my account or find anything suspect, till I informed you that my IP is blocked because Spamhaus blocked the whole range.

By the way, do you own the whole range /24 of ip? Did you own the 3 ips that, as Spamhaus states, had spamming activities? If yes, did you closed the vps's that points to those IP's?

And how could I control the ip's that I get from you, even if I had another similar account to use it for spamming? How could I get ip's from the same /23 as you say? You control the ip that you give to each different client and vps box...

PS. If I did spamming, why did you close my account but leave my 3 vps's working fully? Another proof that I don't do spam but your employe did wrong. Very wrong... And very wrong practice...

• @emdad said:
    Couldn't your stuff just tell him this on that ticket? freaky.....

That would be normal policy. Not sure why Ishaq didn't follow it...

@jvnadr - Yes we really do have someone with an email jvnadr@****.com with a different account... As for not noticing it until now: Things like this rarely get noticed until we punch in something on WHMCS and find multiple results while we're working on tickets. We have nearly 16,000 VPS so noticing things like this usually doesn't occur for a while if ever.

I've re-enabled your account. I placed a note on it so this never happens again. It's fairly obvious that no spammer would go to this much trouble just to figure out why their account was closed. I've credited each of your VPS 2 months of service for the trouble and I'll sort your original ticket shortly.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this hasn't caused a bad taste in your mouth towards us over this matter.

• OK, fair enough from your side. But I would suggest you to tell your employes to be more careful, especially with clients that didn't cause any problem with you or your company.
    But there is the initial problem left: Spamhaus blocked my ip (I thing this ip was blocked a long time ago but I didn't noticed till a couple of days ago, because I was trying to use afraid.org for dns service). This is a very wrong practice from Spamhaus to block a whole /24 range of ip's because just 3 (!!!) ip's in this range was doing spam activities. That means that 253 innocent clients having a block ip, because 3 clients do spamming!

• After some time we will see another discussion where account was closed again due to spamming.
    Don't like spammers at all.

• @jvnadr - The only reason this even came up is because the 3 listed IPs belonged to the other jvnadr@****.com who was terminated for spamming and who signed up with an IP close to your IP. A lot of coincidences that normally would have lead us to suspending a spammer, not a legitimate client.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2013

And the details from spamhaus (my ip is 999.999.213.23) - I masked the first 2 blocks:

Ref: SBL194159
    999.999.213.0/24 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
    2013-08-20 12:18:10 GMT | velocity-servers.net
    Repeat spam hosting in /24, not safe to remove.

Third time is a charm here.

SBL194157 999.999.213.65 velocity-servers.net 2013-08-20 Century Infotech
    Spamming: ivy.gb8p.com / ut7c.com / business-ivy.com

SBL193847 999.999.213.20 velocity-servers.net 2013-08-17 Century Infotech
    Spamming: ivy.gb8p.com / ut7c.com / business-ivy.com

SBL189110 999.999.213.6 velocity-servers.net 2013-08-16 Century Infotech
    Repeat known "roofing" spammers: hy2k.com / pv7u.com / findroofingquotes.com

ColoCrossing CC-11 (NET-999-999-128-0-1) 999.999.128.0 - 999.999.255.255
    New Wave NetConnect, LLC CC-192-210-213-0-24 (NET-999-999-999-0-1) 999.999.213.0 - 999.999.213.255

• @BlueVM if two guys are using same email, that means One guy is using email. This smells fishy and I have 5 vps with you as you know, all of them are Clean....

• @MorningIris said:
    BlueVM if two guys are using same email, that means One guy is using email. This smells fishy and I have 5 vps with you as you know, all of them are Clean....

What do you mean by that? Is somebody used my email for singing up with BlueVM?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@alexvolk said:
    After some time we will see another discussion where account was closed again due to spamming.

It does seem like a big coincidence.

• @perennate said:
    It does seem like a big coincidence.

Does it ?

@BlueVM said:
    jvnadr - The only reason this even came up is because the 3 listed IPs belonged to the other jvnadr@****.com who was terminated for spamming and who signed up with an IP close to your IP. !

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2013

@alexvolk said:
    After some time we will see another discussion where account was closed again due to spamming.

You don't know me. Don't make conclusions without knowing anything, just from your mind... I am not a spammer, but a professional journalist that owns 3 successful news portals it the area that I live in Greece. My (serious) hobby is portal and website design and I use my knowledge to maintain my websites and my clients / advertisers sites, too, to have more profit for my company.

PS. I don't even know how to do spamming! :-)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2013

It's just that jvnadr doesn't seem like a common username, but hey anything's possible. Anyway I assume http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/members/162116-jvnadr.html isn't you?

• Difference between these two is a & b, fishy..

[email protected]

[email protected]

• @Liam - Think this thread can be closed.

@perennate, @alexvolk - I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, so if I'm wrong its on me... I'd rather take the chance of having to clean up more IP blocks than piss off a legit customer anyway. So lets leave it at that... ok?

• @perennate said:
    It's just that jvnadr doesn't seem like a common username, but hey anything's possible. Anyway I assume http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/members/162116-jvnadr.html isn't you?

No, it isn't me! I didn't even know that site... And, yes, this username I chose is not a common username, that's the reason I chose it! But seems that another person has registered it in some sites I didn't know. It is strange. I have most of the big email companies registered with that username, so, any other could not "steal" it from me.
    My username is the short of my real name and surname.
    By the way, if you search my username to Google you will find me in many of the services I signed on, even my Web TV with daily news from my portal! Do you think that I would use this username for spamming activities the same time that I use it to youtube, dailymotion, my portals, (most of) my emails, etc.?

(I hope now that I revealed my id and mails, don't get attacked by spammers!)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@jvnadr issue seems to be solved. Do you mind if we close this thread?

edit
    For clarification, I was informed that @Ishaq isn't the one who closed account. He just relayed a message from another staff member.

• OK, close it. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.