Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost - 50% off annual OpenVZ servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost - 50% off annual OpenVZ servers

Special LET offer for 50% off our annual OpenVZ vSwap packages (Levels 0, 1, 1++, 2++).
Coupon code is VSWAPYEAR2

Level 0 [25 available]

1 CPU Core

RAM: 256MB + 256MB vSwap

Disk: 20GB (SAS Disks in RAID10)

Transfer: 500GB

1 IP

Price: 7.5 EUR / year (10 USD / year) with coupon VSWAPYEAR2

Direct Order Link

Level 1 [50 available]

1 CPU Core RAM: 512MB + 512MB vSwap

Disk: 40GB (SAS Disks in RAID10)

Transfer: 1 TB

1 IP

Price: 12.5 EUR / year (16.7 USD / year) with coupon VSWAPYEAR2

Direct Order Link

Level 1++ [25 available]

2 CPU Cores RAM: 1 GB + 1 GB vSwap

Disk: 75GB (SAS Disks in RAID10)

Transfer: 2 TB

1 IP

Price: 30 EUR / year (40 USD / year) with coupon VSWAPYEAR2

Direct Order Link

Level 2++ [25 available]

2 CPU Cores

RAM: 2 GB + 2 GB vSwap

Disk: 100GB (SAS Disks in RAID10)

Transfer: 2 TB

1 IP

Price: 37.5 EUR / year (50 USD / year) with coupon VSWAPYEAR2

Direct Order Link

Torqhost Control panel

Accepted payments : Paypal (verified only), Moneybookers, Bank Transfers

All prices include 20% VAT.

Servers located in Tallinn, Estonia

Additional packages and more info: https://www.torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/openvz

Test file: http://80.79.116.26/100mb.test

Test IP: 80.79.116.26

Comments

• Only the first year?

• No, it's recurring.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

Thank you :)

Are gameservers and TOR allowed?

Edit: I saw you forbidd minecraft. Other games are allowed?

You said no TOR, even no middle relays?

• Minecraft is not allowed, otherwise games are allowed if done small scale without maxing out the CPU too much (CPU cores are shared). Only tor relays are allowed. You could check our TOS section 7 to see what is disallowed.

• I did, sorry was a bit late^^

So TOR relayes are allowed, exit and middle?

• Only relays are allowed. Middle relays are also considered just relays. Exits are not allowed.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited August 2013

"Only tor relays are allowed." So exit will be forbidden then.

torqhost is a great provider with good uptime und network in europe. I replaced my old KVM Level 0 I got in an offer for 12€ with one of those discounted Level 0. This is a really great deal!

• @chrisp Thank you.

• xsetxset Member

@torqhost any kvm plan discounts?

• @xset sorry, only openvz at the moment.

• xsetxset Member

@torqhost why only openvz?

• @xset because there is extra stock. KVM is almost sold out at the moment.

• Why are you requiring to pay VAT with an address outside the EU?

This violates Estonian and EU law.

• @William VAT is removed on request. If you are outside of EU, simply open a billing ticket after placing an order (before paying) and we will remove VAT based on your location. Doing manual verification and removal is not against any laws and many EU companies do it like this.

• so, if I get it right, so the price will be further reduced(removing the VAT)? so like for lvl0, for now its 10 USD, so after removing the VAT it'll be less than 10?

@torqhost said:
    William VAT is removed on request. If you are outside of EU, simply open a billing ticket after placing an order (before paying) and we will remove VAT based on your location. Doing manual verification and removal is not against any laws and many EU companies do it like this.

• @wcypierre Yes, that's right. The reason it is done manually is because we do some extra checks against the billing data from paypal/moneybookers (the country and name need to match the billing data).

• Ticket opened, lets see :)

• I have a similar discount from one of their previous promotions and vat was removed when a support ticket was created. Level 0 will be around USD 8+ without vat

• I've got both kvm and openvz with torqhost, they running great and currently show 100% availability on my server availability page https://srvbox.com/ Highly recommended provider in Europe.

• I really like Torqhost, tbh I wanted to have a VPS with them for a few weeks now. And today I saw this offer. I contacted the support about providing debian 7 minimal images and a few minutes later they added it. Support is fast and friendly! :)

• ah, now they come with the old "payment account must be outside the EU to not pay VAT"...

No dear Torqhost, you should learn this before it gets you issues - This is not your problem, this is the problem of the payer - Just because you have your company outside the EU does not mean you cannot use a PayPal/Bankaccount/whatever inside the EU or registered to the owner or staff directly (as it is HIS tax problem then, not yours.).

• sDsBsDsB Member

I've had a torqhost openvz for a couple of months now. Great service.

• MrXMrX Member

@William said:
    Ticket opened, lets see :)

I remember it was quite a hassle to get rid off VAT with TorqHost. They objected a couple of times back then, which is quite strange. If they are selling to someone outside of EU VAT area, they can - and probably do - just pocket whatever they charge in VAT. I still wonder if that is legal, but decided to not be bothered with it.

For the price you pay, they have a good offer here. Support and billing aren't lightning fast but that can't really be expected at this price range.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2013

Cannot recommend them, they are clearly violating EU laws on taxation.

I reported them to the EU and will do so with Estonian tax agency on Monday as well.

@MrX said:
    pocket whatever they charge in VAT. I still wonder if that is legal, but decided to not be bothered with it.

No, only Poland has laws like this (charge anyone VAT except EU companies), all others that pocket the VAT from non EU customers are simply doing tax fraud.

• what is the port speed btw? I've saw at somewhere saying that its 100mbps guaranteed, but 1gbps upgrade is possible?

@torqhost said:
    wcypierre Yes, that's right. The reason it is done manually is because we do some extra checks against the billing data from paypal/moneybookers (the country and name need to match the billing data).

• @wcypierre said:
    what is the port speed btw? I've saw at somewhere saying that its 100mbps guaranteed, but 1gbps upgrade is possible?

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 2000.034 MHz

Total amount of ram : 256 MB

Total amount of swap : 256 MB

System uptime : 51 min,

Download speed : (19.3MB/s)

I/O speed : 694MB/s

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited August 2013

wow....... that's some insane I/O speed........ even faster than Ramnode's ssd cached. But I think probably its due to that the node is still empty?

@itgods said:
    I/O speed : 694MB/s

• @wcypierre said:
    wow....... that's some insane I/O speed........ even faster than Ramnode's ssd cached. But I think probably its due to that the node is still empty?

I think it's so because it's SAS. :)

• just paid for mine....... gotta wait and see how would mine fare :D

btw, I think Torqhost is the only host that had replied to me within minutes, the fastest host that replied my ticket would be Ramnode but that is like 1 hour later, while the other hosts are pretty much much more than that

@itgods said:

• I can definitely recommend these guys! They've got great prices and great service!

VAT removal works and is done easily when you request it in your order notes (or with a ticket).