Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low-end/low prices dedicated: updating the list
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low-end/low prices dedicated: updating the list

Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
edited August 2013 in General

"In the light of dark events of the last weeks", as said in a movie, I sorted my own records about low-endians offering dedicated servers. I would appreciate donating more names to the list.

Kimsufi. I tried one of their dedicated in March 2012. Not impressed, though, I have finally get rid of it in two months. Either I got not so good hardware, or stars were just not right, that doesn't matter. As of now, Kimsufi is closed to me and other non-EU customers, so I only list in for historical reasons.

Digicube. I used their low-end SSD-powered dedicated for quite a time. Nice servers. I definitely advise using those; I can provide a link to benchmarks to those interested. Prices can be as low as 8 EUR (if paid annually). Good hoster.

Joe's datacenter. I hosted my sites at their dedicated for quite a time. Excellent support, stable connectivity. Prices start at $40/mo.

DataShack. Prices start at $35/mo. Good connectivity and hardware, but I cancelled my DS due to specifics of ToS at DataShack. It's too easy to lose the server without being involved into any forbidden activity Otherwise, good service.

WholesaleInternet (not yet tried their DS, but plan to).

Any more names to add to the list? The above are not all matching low-end criteria, but prices are low enough without significant deterioration of DS power (i.e., cost/performance ratio is good).

Thanked by 1joesdc

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@rds100 Hetzner...

Even us offered atoms in the past, but now using as dedicated for own services. We also offered dedicated servers like E3s and even dual E5s, but only for big customers or people we know, so we do not fit your list.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

In Europe, in order of (my) preference: Hetzner's serverbidding.com and Worldstream's special deals servers. A very distant third is Leaseweb's outlet store

Thanked by 1zevus
  • online.net

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • qps / quickpacket

Thanked by 1qps
  • +1 on QPS

Thanked by 1qps
  • @Master_Bo said:
    DataShack. Prices start at $35/mo. Good connectivity and hardware, but I cancelled my DS due to specifics of ToS at DataShack. It's too easy to lose the server without being involved into any forbidden activity Otherwise, good service.

Ah, well, can't be as bad as OVH.

• We will soon offer lower priced dedicated servers. Nowhere near OVH, Datashack, or Wholesale Internet though. These would start at $55/mo.

• @fizzyjoe908 said:
    We will soon offer lower priced dedicated servers. Nowhere near OVH, Datashack, or Wholesale Internet though. These would start at $55/mo.

I had a look. Good prices for the servers specs listed.

• I'm using dedicated server from FitVPS and Online.net atm.

still waiting delivery from oneprovider.

but definetly recomended FITVPS. :)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @Zetta said:
    Ah, well, can't be as bad as OVH.

Well, I suppose we can stop biting OVH. There's definitely no need to repeat everything many times.

However, those willing to use DataShack's servers should read their ToS/AUP very, very carefully prior to placing order(s).

• Datashack and wholesaleinternet is same company.

One addition to the list is dacentec for US.

• xsetxset Member

Nothing wrong with OVH :P

• People who need a dedicated server to learn something / satisfy their ego, can get a $1/first month offer from burst.net. They deliver within 24 hours generally..

• OVH is awesome, screw the haters

I like my wholesaleinternet servers to, wish they did automated install systems though

• LeeLee Veteran

Hetzner's serverbidding is looking a bit strange recently, the old AMD's seem to be getting really low as if they are phasing them out but the Intel boxes are €10 more than usual too.

• @texteditor said:
    OVH is awesome, screw the haters

I like my wholesaleinternet servers to, wish they did automated install systems though

+1

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@peppr said:
    People who need a dedicated server to learn something / satisfy their ego, can get a $1/first month offer from burst.net. They deliver within 24 hours generally..

[cringe]...burst.net...[/cringe]. Never again. Worst provider I have ever been with by far. They could not even keep the time right on their OVZ VPS servers. They would just updated the kernel whenever they felt like it and reboot with no warning. Which happened a lot. Ok fine but then the time would be wrong. So then I would ask them to change the time and they would eventually get around to it but would only change system time and not hardware. So next reboot the time would be wrong again and I would have to go through the whole routine again. I even went as far as explaining to them how to do all that giving the linux commands but it was futile. I think also maybe the CMOS battery was dead on the cheap crap desktop computers they use so it wouldn't hold hw time on reboot. I also asked about that but never got an answer. They probably didn't even use decent desktop motherboards.

Then one day they had a big power outage and I lost everything. They tried to tell me it was because the switch I was on failed after the power outage. I don't see how a failed switch can cause the whole server to die and lose everything. I don't think they use UPS because the power was not out for very long and yet my server and (according to them) the switch I was on both went down pretty much right away. Their explanation for that was that the switches were not on UPS but everything else was. I didn't buy that either.

So you would think the new server they put me on would not have the time problem again. Guess again, same problem, same routine....sigh.

Also it was hit and miss how oversold your server was. If you were lucky to be on a newer one with few people you were ok, until they signed up a bunch and your server with software raid (maybe) was brought to it's knees with new setup's being configured.

Never again with those guys.

• @sman said:
    [cringe]...burst.net...[/cringe].

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

I believe Wholesale Internet and Joe's Datacenter are in the same building. Wholesale Internet is a good company, but they are certainly geared more towards the low-end market segment. I don't think any of their servers have IPMI and they only have a couple Spider KVMs to go around.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    I believe Wholesale Internet and Joe's Datacenter are in the same building. Wholesale Internet is a good company, but they are certainly geared more towards the low-end market segment. I don't think any of their servers have IPMI and they only have a couple Spider KVMs to go around.

True and Wholesale is afraid of offering 1Gbps port compared to Joe's

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@qps is good as well $40-50/month

Thanked by 1qps
  • @sman said:
    Never again with those guys.

I sympathize with you. Perhaps I am lucky, for I haven't stumbled upon serious problems of mentioned kinds with Burst.net.

• I think you have to include OVH though. Yes, they can suck for support but the mini-SP at 39.99 euros and the KS16G at half that are really beasts of servers.

100Mbps unlimited on the KS16G (32TB/month) and 200Mbps unlimited on the mini-SP(64TB/month?) is really hard to touch.

The cheapest colo at 10Mbps is the same price point as the mini-SP and then you still have to come up with a server to ship to the location (there is a GoRack colo at half this price point but still have to factor in the cost of the server either way).

• @talsit said:
    I think you have to include OVH though. ...

No problems adding OVH. Kimsifi was their universally available low-end branch, but the mentioned plan fits as well.

• @BrianHarrison Datashack, WholeSale Internet, and Joe's DC are all in the same building, Oak Tower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Tower

• @Jeffrey said:
    BrianHarrison Datashack, WholeSale Internet, and Joe's DC are all in the same building, Oak Tower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Tower

However, those are different companies with different rules/attitude.

• PatsPats Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I'm using dedicated server from FitVPS and Online.net atm.

still waiting delivery from oneprovider.

but definetly recomended FITVPS. :)

FitVPS ? in website they're selling VPS only..
    link of their dedi sale??

This discussion has been closed.