Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VPS Choices - Need some feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VPS Choices - Need some feedback

Smith_Smith_ Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hello there!

Since I think this site is way better than WHT to provide me with some good info regarding Budget VPS, here I am :)

I am planning to grab 4 Budget VPS and I would like you to let me know if my choices are good or shtty :P

I am going with:
QuickWeb
Hostigation
BuyVM
TinyVZ

I also had in my list:
UBServers
EaseVPS
MiniVPS (a bit expensive for my taste)
SecureDragon (a bit expensive for my taste too)
SpotVPS
Up2VPS

Am I missing something or are there any better hosts out there?

Thank you!

Comments

• PS: My budget goes up to $25/year but I like the $15-$20 more :P

• What specifications/locations are you after?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

What kind of specs are you looking for? Also, take into account that 2 out of the 4 providers you picked don't have stock (which are the 2 I highly recommend).

• I would recommend SecureDragon over TinyVM any day. The difference in price simply does not make up for the difference in quality.

• I am going after 4 different locations to be honest, I just pick what the provider got that fits my needs.

I am looking for at least 5GB HDD, 128MB RAM, 200GB+ Bandwidth.

I have already closed a spot on Hostigation and waiting for new stock from BuyVM.

@Aldryic what is so bad about TinyVZ?

• I can recommend EaseVPS. They've been having some issues lately, but they're quick to action AND sending out emails to let you know the status of what's going on.

• My top three picks from your list are:
    Hostigation
    SecureDragon
    BuyVM

• @Smith_ said: @Aldryic what is so bad about TinyVZ?

Fran could tell you an amusing story or two :P

But my recommendation is based on experience... my VPS with SecureDragon has been outstanding, and has given me no trouble at all. They should definitely be on your top picks.

• @Damian4IPXcore
    Thankyou, Feedback is much appreciated. :-)
    We have had quite alot of Issues lately but nothing that isn't resolvable.

@Smith_
    You can contact us directly if you need assistance on choosing which plan is Ideal.

You can also add another provider onto your list HudsonValleyHost, I know the owner personally and ernie is a great guy to work with.

• One quick question, is it allowed for providers to PM me with offers?..

• There isn't anything in the rules that says that providers can't send you a PM...

• @BlueVM said: There isn't anything in the rules that says that providers can't send you a PM...

Did you PM him?

• Yes, I did... I was simply giving him another option within his price range.

• That's the same as self-promotion except in secret where others don't know you're doing it. At least you were honest though so you probably didn't know it was looked down upon. Now you do. :)

• Hence the reason why I did not contact the OP.

• Actually there's nothing about anything concerning self-promotion here in the rules. Most of us here just don't over do it.

• @drmike said: Actually there's nothing about anything concerning self-promotion here in the rules. Most of us here just don't over do it.

I DIDN'T SAY THERE WAS OMG I JUST SAID "it was looked down upon" JEEZ!

• tinyvz / tinykvm came from ramhost right? So what is wrong with them?

• BuyVM - Awesome
    SecureDragon - Awesome
    Hostigation - Awesome

Can't go wrong with either of the above. I have 2 with Hostigation, 2 with BuyVM and one with Securedragon.

• Why is BlueVM still here, all you do is break the rules and rip peoples companys off and yet your account is still active and you can still poach/approach customers?

I hope the new owner brings in rules and actually enforces them.

Thanked by 2drmike DeletedUser
  • @Naruto said: I DIDN'T SAY THERE WAS OMG I JUST SAID "it was looked down upon" JEEZ!

That wasn't directed towards you. if it had, there would have been a @Naruto in there.

Just was said in general.

@VMPort said: Why is BlueVM still here, all you do is break the rules and rip peoples companys off and yet your account is still active and you can still poach/approach customers?

Have you flagged his or her posts and explained? Have to admit that some of the providers here and on the main site have less than stellar track records and they're still around as well.

edited January 2012

Personally, I'm not a fan of the companies who don't have any real personas here. I understand having your company name as your username for advertising purposes but to be completely anonymous doesn't help your credibility any and can actually hurt you if you ever decide to speak our mind because by having your company as your username means that every post you make is a statement from your company. I'm not saying you have to use your real name like @Francisco @Aldryic @mitgib but even something like @Damian4IPXcore is better than VPSHost123.

[/rant]

Thanked by 1drmike
  • FWIW, I'd really like to drop the "4IPXcore" from my name, since I post things for more than the company. :)

• @KuJoe said: I'm not saying you have to use your real name like @Francisco @Aldryic @mitgib but even something like @Damian4IPXcore is better than VPSHost123.

ehem.. don't forget me.. :P

edited January 2012

@Mon5t3r is your real name? :P

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @KuJoe said: who don't have any real personas here

Who are you again?

/sarcasm

• @Damian4IPXcore said: FWIW, I'd really like to drop the "4IPXcore" from my name, since I post things for more than the company. :)

Simple SQL UPDATE can fix that... just tag in with the new owner once they're revealed :P

• I'd avoid TinyVZ. I've been a customer of Ramhost for over a year and back when I signed up I was really happy with them (I would have classified it as one of those companies you can't go wrong with). However I just cant recommend them anymore (and will be leaving when my term is up.)

My current list of companies you cant go wrong with:
    North America.: BuyVM,Hostigation, EDIS.AT (Chicago Location)
    Europe (All UK) : XenVZ, Vooservers, EvoRack

• I have accounts with QuickWeb and BuyVM, soon I'll buy a few more VPS from other providers talked here. Most were bought because of all the honest reviews at LEB.

• @KuJoe said: Personally, I'm not a fan....

Have to agree with all of that. I do hope whomever takes over gives some thought about that and giving some thought with all of the Toms, Dicks and Harrys that post here and on the main site with just that as their names.

I think I've said that before. :)

edit: Start with BurstNet.....