Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProvisionHost.com - Toronto, Canada VPS Special - Up to 10 Free IPv4 IPs! - buyers beware
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ProvisionHost.com - Toronto, Canada VPS Special - Up to 10 Free IPv4 IPs! - buyers beware

BrandonBrandon Member
edited November 2013 in General

ProvisionHost.com http://provisionhost.com

This is the first time we have offered this plan to the LET community. This configuration offers generous amounts of bandwidth, disk space and up to 10 free IPv4 addresses with justification.

Toronto Test File: http://toronto.provisionhost.com/100mb.test

Provision Host is a privately owned Canadian based firm, operating since late 2010. It was built around the idea of providing practical and reliable web hosting services. Since then Provision Host has continually strived to offer premium quality services while maintaining an excellent level of support.

• PHVPS2 Plan
  • 1024MB Dedicated RAM
  • 30GB Disk Space
  • 3TB Monthly Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4 Address Included
  • Up to 10 additional more upon request
  • $48 / year

Use Promotional Code: "LETSUNFUN"

Order Now: [removed - read comments]

We offer a complete VPS solution with different configurations to match your specific requirements. All servers are virtualized with OpenVZ, hosted on enterprise class hardware and located in state of the art datacenters. All major Linux distributions are available to install (Cent OS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora) through our SolusVM control panel. We are currently in the process of developing our own in-house control panel, code named "Provision Panel v2".

Datacenter Information:

Toronto DC: Peer1 - http://www.peer1.com

If you have any questions you may contact us at any time.

Comments

• Please update your WHMCS template, it's horrible and so 2002 style :(

Also which one is correct "Up to 10 Free IPv4 IPs" OR "and up to 8 free IPv4 addresses with justification."

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited July 2013

@Grimmy2 said:
    Please update your WHMCS template, it's horrible and so 2002 style :(

We're contemplating on redesigning our entire website soon and so if we do, that'll definitely change for the better.

@Grimmy2 said:
    Also which one is correct "Up to 10 Free IPv4 IPs" OR "and up to 8 free IPv4 addresses with justification."

I've corrected it and up to 10 for free is what we are offering.

• vnetvnet Member

Lot's IP address, expressed shock! ! But no need to use purpose, expressed concern about the!

• I'm interested, but I have 2 questions first.
    Will the 10 IPs appear Canadian on ip2location.com ?
    Is the server on 1gbps port?

• @vpnarea said:
    I'm interested, but I have 2 questions first.
    Will the 10 IPs appear Canadian on ip2location.com ?
    Is the server on 1gbps port?

Yes and yes.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

Great offer,
    1) Do you allow IRC? (just clients)
    2) The free ip's can be justified with FTP , SSH vpn , and vhosts for different members of a project we run?
    3) the price is recurring?
    4) Is there any vswap available? Also do you tells me of the avg uptime of node i will get provisioned on with average I/O? i dont need 10MB/s:(

thanks

• @ahmiq said:
    Great offer,
    1) Do you allow IRC? (just clients)
    2) The free ip's can be justified with FTP , SSH vpn , and vhosts for different members of a project we run?
    3) the price is recurring?
    4) Is there any vswap available? Also do you tells me of the avg uptime of node i will get provisioned on with average I/O? i dont need 10MB/s:(

thanks

1) Yes we do allow IRC.
    2) As long as you can provide proper justification then there is no problem at all.
    3) Yes it is a yearly recurring promotion.
    4) There is no vSwap for this plan. Our nodes are constantly monitored and downtime is of utmost importance to us. I do not have any exact uptime numbers for you though. The I/O on our servers will be much more than 10MB/s.

• SpiritSpirit Member

That's really good deal, especially if you need box with more IPs.

@ahmiq said:

That's Node VPSN2TORONTO result:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.2333 s, 81.1 MB/s

ioping -c 10 /
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=1 time=13.6 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=2 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=3 time=16.0 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=4 time=6.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=5 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=6 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=7 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=8 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=9 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (simfs /vz/private/3409): request=10 time=0.1 ms

--- / (simfs /vz/private/3409) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9037.7 ms, 272 iops, 1.1 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/3.7/16.0/5.9 ms

It's not the fastest but for me completely acceptable. So far everything seems fine and network is just awesome. Also support and sales by my experience answer pretty quick.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

Something funny happened today.

We have noticed that you are using an invalid promotion code. This promotion code was not meant to be made, neither to be used. This promotion code reduced the price of your VPS to $48/year instead of the $24.95/mo that is listed on the website.

As a result of this, we will be re-pricing your service to a monthly billing, at the cost of $24.95 each month. We sincerely hope you understand our need for this. This change will take place on December 1st.

Kind Regards,

Seems like someone at provisionhost.com try to cheat clients of this " Canada VPS Special" offer which was confirmed also in pre-sale question before, so no mistake here.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Obvious Scam

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Provision Host was sold a few months ago. Brandon isn't there anymore and they recently lost some valuable employees and clients. Seems they need some more cash after that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

We will see how things will escalate. I let them know about this "Canada VPS Special" offer and waiting for response.

• That's> @Spirit said:

Something funny happened today.

Seems like someone at provisionhost.com try to cheat clients of this " Canada VPS Special" offer which was confirmed also in pre-sale question before, so no mistake here.

That's really bad to see! Does their TOS state they can change your service price/term??

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

As a result of this, we will be re-pricing your service to a monthly billing, at the cost of $24.95 each month. This change will take place on December 1st.

@Reece said:
    That's really bad to see! Does their TOS state they can change your service price/term??

For already paid service? That's yearly offer and my payment expire at 2014/07/18. They want more money since December 1st (months before renewal date).

• fizzyjoe908 said: Provision Host was sold a few months ago.

Do you know when this happened, or who bought them? I'm a client and heard nothing....

• @fizzyjoe908 said:
    Provision Host was sold a few months ago. Brandon isn't there anymore and they recently lost some valuable employees and clients. Seems they need some more cash after that.

If he's not there anymore then their WHOIS info is invalid because it still lists his name and home address (home as in residential house). He's also still listed on the company profile page of their website.

• ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited November 2013

I signed up for a VPS from OpenVZ back in July after they posted an offer here for a 1GB RAM OpenVZ VPS for $48/year. I had very few problems and when I did have a problem, their support got back to me quickly. A few days ago I noticed I was maxing out the RAM on VPS and contacted them about having it upgraded or pinpointing why it was so high. They wanted me to pay an extra $300 to have it upgraded to 1.5GB RAM for the remaining year, which I can't afford right now. I asked them if they could look into my VPS to see if there's any possible ways to fix the high memory load and they said they would get back to me. Now today, I get an email back from them telling me this:

We have noticed that you are using an invalid promotion code. This promotion code was not meant to be made, neither to be used. This promotion code reduced the price of your VPS to $48/year instead of the $24.95/mo that is listed on the website.

As a result of this, we will be re-pricing your service to a monthly billing, at the cost of $24.95 each month. We sincerely hope you understand our need for this. This change will take place on December 1st.
    I can't believe this! I was "using an invalid promotion code that was not meant to be made, neither to be used." after the (old?) owner posted it publicly on LowEndTalk? And if it was a mistake, then why wouldn't they say anything when I got it back in July instead of waiting till now to tell me? Their Terms of Service also explicitly says "The amount you pay for hosting will never increase from the date of purchase without prior notice.". I've also heard that Provision Host has changed hands and that's why everything is changing all of a sudden.

TL;DR Provision Host has changed hands and suddenly increased the price of their VPS from $48/year to $24.95/month.

• @ub3rstar

Wow, that would really piss me off.. and $25/mo to add an extra 512MB of ram!!

• What a pathetic jokers, what kind of supreme idiot this guy must be, saying it is a invalid coupon, given that they themselves posted that offer.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

Their Terms of Service also explicitly says "The amount you pay for hosting will never increase from the date of purchase without prior notice.".

Everyone who received that notice should ask to have the remaining 8 months of service refunded. They can't claim 4 months later that the code wasn't meant to be used, or that the $48 annual price is a mistake, when it was posted by them as part of their offer.

They should also be permanently banned from posting offers on LEB/LET for trying to pull that crap.

@Brandon

• This is odd, they quite happily let me have one of their $15/year plans about a week ago...

• @Brandon hey thief, why don't you contact your cash cow and tell them to honor the deal you posted here?

• This seems to be pretty typical of Canada.. Two host I was with made a runner another closed the service even thought it was for a yearly deal..

• @DomainBop said:
    Everyone who received that notice should ask to have the remaining 8 months of service refunded. They can't claim 4 months later that the code wasn't meant to be used, or that the $48 annual price is a mistake, when it was posted by them as part of their offer.

This.

• Got reply from them:

Unfortunately there has been a change of management and we cannot offer these promotional codes anymore.

Kind Regards,

No word about remaining 8 months of pre-paid service.

• DomainBop said: If he's not there anymore then their WHOIS info is invalid because it still lists his name and home address (home as in residential house). He's also still listed on the company profile page of their website.

That is correct. All of their WHOIS info is incorrect and their website is outdated.

sleddog said: Do you know when this happened, or who bought them? I'm a client and heard nothing....

I don't know exactly when it happened but it was a silent transition.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2013

Here is the new owner's info for those who are interested:

http://who.is/whois/globalops.net

Domain Name: GLOBALOPS.NET
    Creation Date: 2013-08-20 22:07:00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-08-20 22:07:00Z
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrant Name: RYAN MORGAN
    Registrant Organization: VPI
    Registrant Street: PO BOX 123
    Registrant City: SPOKANE
    Registrant State/Province: NV
    Registrant Postal Code: 99210
    Registrant Country: US
    Admin Name: RYAN MORGAN
    Admin Organization: VPI
    Admin Street: PO BOX 123
    Admin City: SPOKANE
    Admin State/Province: NV
    Admin Postal Code: 99210
    Admin Country: US
    Admin Phone: +1.5092099725
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: Email [email protected]
    Tech Name: RYAN MORGAN
    Tech Organization: VPI
    Tech Street: PO BOX 123
    Tech City: SPOKANE
    Tech State/Province: NV
    Tech Postal Code: 99210
    Tech Country: US
    Tech Phone: +1.5092099725
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax:
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: Email Masking [email protected]
    Name Server: NS1.GLOBALOPS.NET
    Name Server: NS2.GLOBALOPS.NET
    Name Server: NS3.GLOBALOPS.NET 

• thank GOD i didnt buy this offer :/

• they should be banned from here and also all the other places where they can post :/ loosers

• Maybe coincidence but the last Brandon owned enetsouth.. we all know how that went!