Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oversold brand in UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oversold brand in UK

JacobJacob Member

Hi, so just joining the bandwagon.

What would you guys think of a High RAM Oversold VPS in the UK.

Server Specs
8 Core AMD, 32GB RAM (Upgradable to 128GB), 4 x 1TB SATA Drives in Soft RAID 10 or 4 x 128GB Samsung 830 SSDS in Soft RAID 10.

VPS Plan

Coventry, UK (Maybe London)

OpenVZ

SolusVM

4 CPU Cores (Fair Usage), 8 on request.

4GB RAM

10GB Pure SSD Space or 100GB SATA

1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

1 IPv4

16 IPv6

Since it's going to be cheap as chips, no support will be provided other than if it's a problem on our end.

Thankyou! ;)

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

lmfao, why must throu copy ideas

• @Jacob, looks like I will have to get another couple of SSD's now if you are going to offer 10GB SSD space :) And maybe ofer a /64 IPv6 :) haha

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

LOL this is funny, fsck quality the ram race is ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I'd be interested in London-based plans, not sure I'd be that interested in something so heavily Oversold though, at least not until you've proved you can manage performance properly.

• LeeLee Veteran

To be fair, when I see brands like Edis or Prometeus doing an oversold brand I dont feel too bothered, they have the reputation and trust from many that that have properly and correctly figured out the break point(s) in offering something like this.

To them its just a marketing opportunity more than a serious play.

For eveyone else it's probably because you simply can't get enough regular customers so you need a new angle to get money in.

So bottom line, no I would not trust, nor recomend anyone be swayed into all these other oversold offers.

• @Jacob said:
    Hi, so just joining the bandwagon.

Your website does not even work properly, I think you should fix that first! Oh and have you finished all your GCSE exams?

• JacobJacob Member

Hah, have I done something to upset you?

I'm not sure why you're having problems with the website, works fine for everyone else.

@asterisk14 said:
    Your website does not even work properly, I think you should fix that first! Oh and have you finished all your GCSE exams?

We've got over 3,000 customers to date, and provide Dedicated Servers, along with Colocation.

You have to start from somewhere.

@W1V_Lee said:
    To be fair, when I see brands like Edis or Prometeus doing an oversold brand I dont feel too bothered, they have the reputation and trust from many that that have properly and correctly figured out the break point(s) in offering something like this.

To them its just a marketing opportunity more than a serious play.

For eveyone else it's probably because you simply can't get enough regular customers so you need a new angle to get money in.

So bottom line, no I would not trust, nor recomend anyone be swayed into all these other oversold offers.

• @Jacob said:

We've got over 3,000 customers to date, and provide Dedicated Servers, along with Colocation.

I hear you 'forget' to pay tax though

• @AnthonySmith said:
    LOL this is funny, fsck quality the ram race is ON!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahhahhahaha nearly dropped my Fab

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2013

Tax isn't due yet, but I'd like to know how many other small LEB providers pay tax here.

Including you.

@INIZ said:
    I hear you 'forget' to pay tax though

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

easevps.eu times out and you have a few typo's that need sorting, what did u get in english lit?

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    easevps.eu times out

It works fine here.

• JacobJacob Member

Looks fine from here. http://isup.me/easevps.eu

@asterisk14 said:
    easevps.eu times out

• XakiXaki Member

It works fine here too ;)

• IshaqIshaq Member

@asterisk14 said:
    what did u get in english lit?

What did you get in English literature?

• must be my pc, but on whichever pc i try it doesn't work and times out, but not really interested in buying anything from kiddie hosts so it doesn't matter.

• Jacob. I told you it times out for me too. Now sort it :) think I have been nulled

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

@Ishaq said:
    What did you get in English literature?

I got a C in English language, didn't do literature.
    I hope to have informed you sufficiently © and ® Ishaq @BlueVM

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    what did u get in english lit?

Results come out on the August 22nd ;)

• @Jacob said:
    Tax isn't due yet, but I'd like to know how many other small LEB providers pay tax here.

Including you.

Not sure what everyone is up to; however we pay corporation tax, VAT and PAYE/NICS

• ReeceReece Member

@Infinity said:
    Results come out on the August 22nd ;)

Funny stuff.

However, you sure cramming the UK with 4GB offers would end well? Look what happened last year.

• This is getting out of hand. Also would gameservers(/minecraft) be allowed.

• awsonawson Member

Oh look, a UK offer not in Maidenhead.

Sounds. interesting.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2013

I was actually joking with this whole thread, although I liked the idea. But if people want this then I have two of these servers, one of which is available. So what would you guys want SATA or SSD Drives?

And about London, I'm going touring ABStation later in the month so i'll let you know if that would be possible.

• What may be the price . your service is amazing unfortunately I cannot get that previous offer

• JacobJacob Member

@thehray want to drop me a PM with what offer you're referring to.

• GunterGunter Member

So this offer will never exist from your end?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2013

@Jacob said:

All registered businesses are going to be paying taxes. If I didn't already know that you were a kiddie host, that comment alone would make me want to never use your services as obviously you do not have a professional attitude towards your business.

• JacobJacob Member

Would you buy it, that's the real question. If so then ofc I'll make it happen.

SATA or SSD?

@darknyan said:
    So this offer will never exist from your end?

• GunterGunter Member

@Jacob said:
    Would you buy it, that's the real question. If so then ofc I'll make it happen.

SATA or SSD?

For me personally, I would prefer SSD.

And I would probably buy it, depending on the circumstances such as how well you are capable of managing these nodes to nearly reaching 95%.