Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSCorner | Bitcoin/Paypal | OpenVZ | Moldova Nodes | UK Based | i7 Nodes | Starting $5/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSCorner | Bitcoin/Paypal | OpenVZ | Moldova Nodes | UK Based | i7 Nodes | Starting $5/mo

VPSCornerVPSCorner Member
edited July 2013 in Offers

VPSCorner has a 10% offer for all Low End Talk customers. The offer works on all packages that we have. Our packages start from $4.99 on our website http://vpscorner.co.uk and the code is LET-10OFF.

VPSCorner is UK Based and has nodes in Moldova. The only issue we've ever had since we started was when three nodes were down for 24hrs due to a kernel issue, we issued all customers affected a full months credit in compensation for the 24hrs down time (our only ever down time) and we had zero data loss. We paid a significant sum for this issue to be resolved without issue to techs who billed per 30minutes.

Please also note that we offer a large variety of images for our customers to choose from including VNC/GUI images as well as a pre-secured VPSCorner image. We can also assist with installing some scripts but please check first, it depends on how long it will take etc.

On to the offer. Our offer will give you 10% off all packages. Our packages and specifications as well as other misc details can be viewed below:

• Instant Setup
  • Bitcoin Accepted
  • Paypal Accepted
  • SolusVM
  • OpenVZ
  • IPV6 & IPV4

Overall, we provide a high quality service to all users and offer excellent support. If something is legal, we are very likely to permit it. We have lots of users with lots of miscellaneous requirements. If you want to host something but aren't to sure please open a support ticket and we will tell you.

You can visit us and use the coupon/offer code provided in the first paragraph at http://vpscorner.co.uk

Comments

• Only the first one may be advertised. Last three are above LEB.

• awsonawson Member

Is there any reason for not allowing Java on 1-2GB plans?

Sure sounds like you don't want low-paying customers to screw up your overselling...

• SpiritSpirit Member

@VPSCorner please read the rules at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/3996/lowendtalk-guidelines and edit your VPS offer according to rules.

• @awson said:
    Is there any reason for not allowing Java on 1-2GB plans?
    Sure sounds like you don't want low-paying customers to screw up your overselling...

We don't oversell, it's to avoid people not using it properly and resulting in abuse. From experience this rule works well.

@Spirit said:
    VPSCorner please read the rules at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/3996/lowendtalk-guidelines and edit your VPS offer according to rules.

I read the rules before posting and mentioned the $5 plan in the text, I used the screenshot to show the details and left the others on there so people could see them as comparisons and to see what else there is. If after reading this you still want me to edit and remove the other 3 I'll do it asap. I could alternatively explicitly mention the $5 plan in the text and leave the image or just remove, let me know.

Thanks.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    • Do not list packages that do not pass the pricing test, even if you have one or more that do.

Someone would think that this part of rules don't need further explanations :) Anyway, I fixed it for you.

• @spirit ok no worries, thanks.

• awsonawson Member

@VPSCorner said:
    We don't oversell, it's to avoid people not using it properly and resulting in abuse. From experience this rule works well.

How can you not use RAM properly? You're pretty much just refusing to let your customers use the RAM they paid for.

• Hello Awson, unfortunately programs use both RAM and CPU. Please refer to this handy 20 minute guide on how computers work. I don't know your experience level as you have no links on your profile. Please refer to this YouTube video if you are unsure how computers work (memory, CPU etc) it will explain it in regards to CPU and RAM usage.

We dont allow java on low packages due to the fact that users who only pay a few dollars are more tempted to run several java bots on a single VPS which causes extreme burst loads and if enough users do this then yes it would effect the node.

Our Java restriction on 1 and 2gb nodes has nothing at all to do with overselling in any form and in fact, we seriously underload and never stray typically over 30-40% cpu usage even during peak times per node.

Our prices and policys are set based on natural trends and typical expected human nature such as those who pay minimal have less to loose so therefore more likely to cause abuse if we allow a heavy resource such as JAVA.

• @VPSCorner so I can't install webmin? It uses Java.

• @MorningIris said:
    VPSCorner so I can't install webmin? It uses Java.

It won't work, I guess. Java is restricted on the first two plans. Which means you even can't setup a proper Wowza Server.

• @MorningIris said:
    VPSCorner so I can't install webmin? It uses Java.
    @DennisdeWit said:
    It won't work, I guess. Java is restricted on the first two plans. Which means you even can't setup a proper Wowza Server.

You can use webmin without Java.

• How much can you expect from an OpenVZ container? You need to divide CPU Frequency and RAMs first before you consider. That has nothing to do with oversale or not, but due to the nature of OpenVZ.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited July 2013

edit.

• @sundaymouse said:
    How much can you expect from an OpenVZ container? You need to divide CPU Frequency and RAMs first before you consider. That has nothing to do with oversale or not, but due to the nature of OpenVZ.

Yes we understand the concept that as openvz allows overselling the mass public is warey most hosts will badly oversell products, We dont oversell resources at all and openvz although it doesnt have a great rep is quite reliable. We can also understand why we need to move into XEN services as users do prefer to run there own kernels and have alot more control.

• @VPSCorner

Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

• @WellGrounded said:
    VPSCorner

Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

Yes, I'm sure we can do something. Please open a ticket with us. Thanks.