Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

now THIS is communication!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

now THIS is communication!

akzakz Member
edited July 2013 in Reviews

so after the whole cvps debacle I have since then moved my services to another provider a provider who knows what "communication" really means to a customer. First off let me say that I understand and appreciate the amount time and stress cvps staff put in to getting things back online however this just really stood out to me and this is how cvps should of communicated and fulfilled its promises.

my vps was down in the exact time frame @Jack said it would be and as it came back up ahead of the scheduled 30mins (max) the portal was already updated with this notice as each node came back online. As a customer I am very appreciative of the advance notice I got from Jack regarding downtime (while it was minimal) and the downtime actually occurred in the same time frame specified and came back online faster than expected.

Hi,

The recent buffer overflow exploit PoC that was released before the weekend has been officially patched by the OpenVZ team. We did patch it ourselves earlier but given the official patch was released only slightly afterwards we have decided to take the nodes down for installation of the official patch.

Downtime will be limited to barely two minutes per node, though you should bare in mind that the total boot up time for all VMs will be 5-10 minutes. Estimated time until maintainence is complete on all nodes and everyone is back online will be 30 minutes in total.

Regards,
Jack Sephton

Edit:
UK1 : SSH is back up after 4 minutes of downtime
UK2 : SSH is back up after 3 minutes of downtime
UK3 : SSH is back up after 2 minutes of downtime
UK4 : SSH is back up after 3 minutes of downtime
CHI1 : SSH is back up after 3 minutes of downtime
TX1 : SSH is back up after 1 minute of downtime

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Comments

• However @Jack, I lost my PPP-kernel after the OVZ-patch. Already submitted a ticket. Still waiting. :-))

• @Jack: I see. My fault. GMail puts in all the DotVPS mail at the spamfolder. That's why I didn't see it.

Happy :)

• @DennisdeWit said:
    Jack: I see. My fault. GMail puts in all the DotVPS mail at the spamfolder. That's why I didn't see it.

Happy :)

Mark them not spam. Suddenly they're in your inbox and DotVPS benefits by not spambinning :D

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Yep. Will do. Some how gmail keeps calling it spam. I need to fix that soon.

However, happy with DotVPS so far. :-)

• akzakz Member
    edited July 2013

yeah, you might want to check your spam folder there are probably lots of notifications from vps providers. Gmail seems to junk them all to spam for me as well.

cheers for a great provider/admin @Jack!

• @DennisdeWit said:
    Yep. Will do. Some how gmail keeps calling it spam. I need to fix that soon.

Just add the sender to your contacts list, if it persists.