Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMBHosting Offline???? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMBHosting Offline????

Comments

• Reinstalling your vps will rectify the situation as new hdds have now been put in, we didn't make this public as we were trying to retrieve data. Anyone who took up our FTP backup can use there own backup. Too be 100percent honest it isn't looking hopeful for the remaining customers.

• @daimonb Hey guy, please reboot my server. Thx.

• @daimonb said: Reinstalling your vps will rectify the situation as new hdds have now been put in, we didn't make this public as we were trying to retrieve data. Anyone who took up our FTP backup can use there own backup. Too be 100percent honest it isn't looking hopeful for the remaining customers.

so that means you HDD was broken? seems no chance to backup the vps data?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@huluwa said: @daimonb Hey guy, please reboot my server. Thx.

SolusVM?

• @Infinity said: SolusVM?

A dedi server, not VPS, so, you know

I see. It's best to submit a ticket I think.

• insoinso Member
    edited February 2012

@Infinity said: I see. It's best to submit a ticket I think.

yes, the only think we can do.

• @daimonb Are you still trying to retrieve data? Any chance of getting it back? I had some data there that I had not yet backupped :/ (Also my tickets are expiring)

• Is anyone else able to access DMB client area or solus login? I have not been able to for the past two days. The home page and sale pages load fine but can't access any customer login page.

• I can't access it either using http://solus.dmbhosting.co.uk:5353

Thanked by 1rkrazy
  • dannixdannix Member
    edited February 2012

my vps is also offline. no responce to ticket either. No possibility to login to the solus master and to the client area :(

Thanked by 1rkrazy
    edited February 2012

My VPS is online (xen node), but Solus master is down. I'd give it a few days if I were you judging by Daimons situation.

Thanked by 1rkrazy
  • @dannix said: my vps is also offline. no responce to ticket either. No possibility to login to the solus master and to the client area :(

Same issue ^ -- on the same node as @Infinity -- no critical data loss for me just wondering what is happening with DMB -- losing credibility

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

@rkrazy said: losing credibility

Nodes are down. Solus master is down. Their own site is down. Credibility? I think that they are done.

• u4iau4ia Member

What do you think, has @daimonb done a runner?

• According to his Facebook posts, there appears to be a good deal of serious drama in his personal life. But then again... if there's time to post on Facebook, there should be time to at least give updates on dmbhosting's situation.

• LESLES Member

He is not able to continue his business or hire someone to do it. He can piss off!

• @Aldryic said: if there's time to post on Facebook, there should be time to at least give updates on dmbhosting's situation.

I could not agree more. Plus he's a liar...

@daimonb said: I will be getting some staff to help over these issues

• IntcsIntcs Member

@Spirit said: Nodes are down. Solus master is down. Their own site is down. Credibility? I think that they are done.

This time all nodes are down, Including their uk node! I was going to be the first to post it here hours ago but thought it might be only me, since other times it was the opposite. It turned to be the biggest mess till now.

• Move on?

Why do you even bother with this host anymore.

• Still cannot access anything; Chrome reports an inability to resolve the domain name for their site. Trying to do a CacheCheck on OpenDNS gives No Response from all their nodes, so I'm assuming IPs have been shuffled and DNS has not been fixed. Still no access to Solus or to the VPS itself.

• Move on?

That's unavoidable :)

Why do you even bother with this host anymore.

I think that dmbhosting did a lot yearly sales here at LEB/LET.

To be honest, I don't think he was out to get the money and take a runner but his personal issues have got in the way. Apparently he did employ two guys but they're doing a crap job. Let's just wait and see what happens now.

• u4iau4ia Member

@Infinity said: To be honest, I don't think he was out to get the money and take a runner

I was thinking the same thing. Just too much going on with life to deal with the hosting company. Still a runner, just not the typical kind.

From what I see on Facebook he's getting problems piled over problems..

• Can someone actually link his Facebook?

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2012
    • Where they excellent previously? YeS.
    • Where they so in last months? No! I was getting frequent small downtimes but that you can live with, but now comes the current rising issue.
    • Will I quit? No until they do, but that's only because I don't host anything critical that needs decent Uptime.
    • If service returned stable will you continue and recommend to others? After sometime, yes.
    • Do you think it will? Actually no, I felt this will happen since Jtodd's cancellation/changes to QualityServers etc, since a node or more for Dmb is also at Jtodd's rack, I felt they might get effected too.
  • IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Can someone actually link his Facebook?

I guess to see the profile you need to be a friend, or just to login, but I quitted my account long time ago and can't recall my login credentials anymore. If someone wants to donate or sacrifice his personal FB account ..

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

If anyone does have contact with Daimon can they ask him to contact me? I'm aware there are things going on in his life which are more important, but I do need to speak to him quickly about his colo.

If I can't get hold of him, would anyone be interested in something we could offer (i.e. setting up a standard Xen/OVZ node of some sort)?

• IntcsIntcs Member

@jtodd Is the colo (and our data) gone?
    Also do you offer through another brand? can you offer similar package?