Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

DMBHosting Offline???? - Page 2

DMBHosting Offline????

Comments

• @Spirit said: Tickets, network related tickets.. started to expire without answers. That's often bad sign. They also abandoned otherwise in past active twitter updates

I was waiting for someone to claim.

I am next. Support is disappointing, and my VPS (the uber little 64MB) is almost useless because IO issues.

I was using it just for some backups and some cronjobs.

I think I will move my stuff and cancel asap.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • jhadleyjhadley Member
    edited February 2012

As far as I'm aware, Daimon is having some personal issues at the moment which may be slowing things down. I don't know much about it, but if he is having some personal issues, things should return to normal shortly..

Thanked by 1ukhost
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

I've heard that he's been having personal issues too, but he sure is still there and around.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• LESLES Member
    edited February 2012

@yomero said: almost useless because IO issues.

I can give you the results of my dd test when it's finished (maybe next week) Hope this will not end up into another zombie host...

Edit: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 535.252 seconds, 2.0 MB/s

Home of the cheap VPS offers! ★★★ LowEndStock.com - Accept no imitations! ツ ★★★ http://twitter.com/Lowendstock

• @LES said: Hope this will end up into another zombie host...

With respect, why do so many of you jump to this sort of conclusion? I have had contact from Daimon's staff this week so I am led to believe that whatever this is, it's temporary.

Thanked by 1ukhost
    edited February 2012

@LES said: Edit: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 535.252 seconds, 2.0 MB/s

I got a little over 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 187.508 seconds, 5.7 MB/s, the VPS itself is actually running really well though, I didn't notice any difference until I saw this thread.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Wow... someone is definitely abusing that Disk IO.

AsuraHosting - Unmanaged VPS Services at an Affordable Price starting at $4/month.
  • Somebody's got the hammer and chisel out :P

• or they bought some crappy used drives?

Thanked by 1tux

@apollo15 said: or they bought some crappy used drives?

IO used to be reasonable.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @apollo15 said: or they bought some crappy used drives?

And anyway used drives doesn't mean slow drives ¬_¬

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @yomero right, just a lot of remapped blocks that affects disk speed ;)

BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • Lets just hope @daimonb can explain us what is happening over there :)

I use http://tuxlite.com to configure all my VPSes and I love it!

• lol @Corey

@djvdorp As an update, I got answers to my tickets, with "suppossedly" the problem solved. I feel it WORST AND WOOOOOOORST each day. So I think I will not care for this anymore. Moving some scripts and going out ¬_¬

This remembers me to semoweb, support is a joke, or they think customers are dumb.

• I am here on behalf of DMB Hosting. Would like everyone to know that, we are working hard towards solving all the client issues. Apologies to all the clients who have received late response to their tickets. We regret the inconvenience it has caused. Rest assured everything will be taken care of henceforth...

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • SpiritSpirit Administrator
    edited February 2012

@yomero said: I got answers to my tickets, with "suppossedly" the problem solved.

Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

• @Spirit said: Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

Yes, and now my ticket is closed ¬_¬ Shame.

• @ukhost: Is private torrenting allowed on your plans? Eg small downloads from private trackers, not piratebay and stuff.

I use http://tuxlite.com to configure all my VPSes and I love it!

@djvdorp I highly doubt that their uplink (burstnet) allow anything close to that :) Beside that don't rely too much on this @ukhost appearance at LET. Try to get some response from host directly however DMB Hosting still seems like a ghost ship with abandoned servers / without proper support deparment.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Spirit said: Beside that don't rely too much on this @ukhost appearance at LET

Agree, they will not login to the boxes and kick the abusers.

I've already cancelled ¬_¬

• @Spirit said: (burstnet)

They colo in BurstNET? I never knew that.

@DotVPS said: They colo in BurstNET? I never knew that.

Ye, they colo in James's rack I believe.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @Infinity said: Ye, they colo in James's rack I believe.

Nice Thanks for the info.

• Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

I can fee all you people's pain as I had to go through this the same way! In the end I hade to get my money back via PayPal and recieved it on last Friday! On the side note: He registred a domain for me and still not releasing it so I can move it to another registrar, so how can I get that domain back? as it is registred under my name, any help is much appreciated, thank you all.

• I don't know, but two thing:

• Continue spamming until they give you the auth code.
    • Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.
  • @speedy007 there is a 60 day waiting period of the transfer of domains to different registrars. http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-en.htm

03 March 2012 will be the earliest that your domain can be transferred (if is the one I think it is)

Not defending dmbhosting but any transfer request at this time would be denied under Icann's current policy

OnePoundWebHostingUK XEN VPSPV & HVM
    UK Shared & Reseller HostingDomain Registration
    99.9% Uptime GuaranteeUK Ltd Company, Established 2006
  • speedy007speedy007 Member
    edited February 2012

I don't know, but two thing: •Continue spamming until they give you the auth code. •Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.

@yomero As you already know the tickets keep expiringwithout being looked at, so not much point apamming.. will have to find another way, thanks anyways

edited February 2012

@speedy007 there is a 60 day waiting period of the transfer of domains to different registrars. http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-en.htm

03 March 2012 will be the earliest that your domain can be transferred (if is the one I think it is)

Not defending dmbhosting but any transfer request at this time would be denied under Icann's current policy

@onepound Thanks budy, will wait until march then, not much choice..

edited February 2012

@speedy007 said: as it is registred under my name, any help is much appreciated, thank you all.

You don't need to wait to get control over domain. DMBhosting is most likely only domain reseller not accredited registrar. To get control over domain check who's registrar and contact them. As long there's your mail address in domain whois it should not be any issue. However 60 days transfer ICANN rule still apply as @onepound said.

• My VPS is doing OK as a DNS server, even with the bad disk IO.

root@uk:~# ioping . -c 10
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=1041.8 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=60.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.4 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=6 time=45.8 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=7 time=135.9 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=8 time=259.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=9 time=20.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=10 time=47.0 ms

--- . (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 10613.1 ms, 6 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/161.1/1041.8/303.3 ms
    FreeVPS.us - The oldest post to host VPS provider
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: My VPS is doing OK as a DNS server, even with the bad disk IO.

Well, how much resources can need a DNS lol. Probably the zones are cached in ram.

• @yomero said: Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.

+1 Never put all your eggs in one basket :) Domain registration is way to important to leave it to a middleman that also provides other services like VPS's. Even if it's a couple dollars more per year, not having to worry about it something else goes wrong with said providers services is invaluable.

• @speedy007 one thing you can try is to contact internet.bs and see if they will push the domain into your own account on internet.bs. This can be done prior to the 60 day rule as remains with the initial registrar.

The only issues you will encounter is validating you have rights to the domain and getting them to remove the domain from one of their resellers accounts (hardest part).

You will need to explain that you have exhausted all avenues to contact their reseller.

OnePoundWebHostingUK XEN VPSPV & HVM
    UK Shared & Reseller HostingDomain Registration
    99.9% Uptime GuaranteeUK Ltd Company, Established 2006
    Thanked by 1speedy007

@onepound said: 60 day

Darn it, I thought it was 30 days. I'ma have to wait 2 months..

我是一个巨魔 (;

edited February 2012

My domain is registred with http://www.publicdomainregistry.com by DMB but I am not much familier how to get access to my domain setting as he has registred it on my behalf and I don't have access to the account.

• @speedy007 said: My domain is registred with http://www.publicdomainregistry.com by DMB but I am not much familier how to get access to my domain setting as he has registred it on my behalf and I don't have access to the account.

Offtopic but didn't hostrail use publicdomainregistry?

edited February 2012

My domain is registred with http://www.publicdomainregistry.com by DMB but I am not much familier how to get access to my domain setting as he has registred it on my behalf and I don't have access to the account.

I have just submited a complaint to publicdomainregistry.com see how it goes.

An update: Manage to get the ownership certificate and account details with the help from @onepound, thank you Sir Greatly appreciate it!

Thanked by 1onepound
  • My VPS has been good actually, got excellent I/O and network speed. However my question is if they are going to continue in the long term.

Please beware that his parents are now using the membership to post for their own, together with our precious son..

@Intcs said: excellent I/O

What node are you on, what location?

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Billing is down, I/O is still bad.. this guy is not giving a fart for his business so i try to get my money back!

Home of the cheap VPS offers! ★★★ LowEndStock.com - Accept no imitations! ツ ★★★ http://twitter.com/Lowendstock

@LES said: Billing is down

Oh crap. From bad to worse. If billing is down, how can he get payments to sustain the business.. >_>

我是一个巨魔 (;

• The IP for billing belongs to racksrv.

They're reporting no issues. status.racksrv.com/

edited February 2012

Probebly suspended for no-pay. Ouch, I'm too tired to back up my VPS but I can't afford to loose the data.

EDIT: I finally got round to doing it, it's taking ages to tar it all up.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited February 2012

At least you can get into yours, @Infinity. My VPS with them just lost conn... still pings, but no response on SSH.

Thankfully, I keep regular backups, and it wasn't a vital service.

edited February 2012

@Aldryic said: At least you can get into yours, @Infinity. My VPS with them just lost conn... still pings, but no response on SSH.

It did take around 5 minutes to get into SSH. Most likely due to my location, which is pretty close to the DC. ~250 miles. I only have 1 site on it but it's still taken like 30 minutes and is still going.

EDIT: Oh darn my internet connection, I just timed out and cannot get back in.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• it takes 4-6 seconds to log into my VPS, but it's still slow.

FreeVPS.us - The oldest post to host VPS provider
  • @Infinity said: It did take around 5 minutes to get into SSH. Most likely due to my location, which is pretty close to the DC. ~250 miles. I only have 1 site on it but it's still taken like 30 minutes and is still going.

EDIT: Oh darn my internet connection, I just timed out and cannot get back in.

Does he have a contact number? Maybe call him to let him know?

@DotVPS said: Does he have a contact number? Maybe call him to let him know?

I've got a number of his, not sure if it's his current one. I'll try calling tomorrow, it's unsociable hours at the moment.

我是一个巨魔 (;

edited February 2012

I am at node "xen" (that's node name). It took around minute or so to get into SSH but now when I am in I can "su" between accounts relatively normal. I did one dd test (only one - I won't do it more to avoid additional HDD hammering) for LET informational purpose:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 313.068 s, 3.4 MB/s

It's actually shame how relatively good host with decent business reputation turn into a crap again.

@Spirit said: I am at node "xen" (that's node name).

I think all the Xen users are on one node.

Yeah, I really loved DMBhosting before all this happened. I know Daimon is having personal issues and stuff.. but still.

我是一个巨魔 (;