Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a provider that supports IPv4/IPv6 Reverse DNS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a provider that supports IPv4/IPv6 Reverse DNS.

Hi. I'm looking for a VPS Provider that supports IPv4 & IPv6 Reverse DNS's, don't need much ram (256Mb or 512 will do) and not much "cpu power" or bandwidth either. KVM is preferred...

Currently have one at EDIS.at but there's no mention of IPv6 rDNS anywhere and everywhere I look says ETA 1/2 weeks but the posts have been made quite a while ago...

I also have another one at ramhost, but their IPv6 support is unexistant... :(

Comments

• RamNode

• BuyVM does both

• MikeInMikeIn Member

try to contact @prometeus

if Italy is OK

• MikeInMikeIn Member

Also did you contacted EDIS support?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

We do in our Dallas location. Phoenix IPv6 rDNS is being setup now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeIn said:
    try to contact prometeus

if Italy is OK

Solus doesnt do it for KVM on IPv6, need to do manually, hope not for the entire /112 or, god forbids, /64...
    Otherwise, we support everything else.

• xeon3dxeon3d Member

Oh, I forgot to add it must allow for irc connections...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited June 2013

@xeon3d said:
    Oh, I forgot to add it must allow for irc connections...

We allow IRC clients and bouncers. If you submit a ticket with your requirements we can whip up a custom plan for you.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

BuyVM does both

BuyVM recently got their IPv6 range banned on a number of channels due to some IPv6 malfunction of theirs, which resulted in users IRCing from BuyVM to constantly time-out/reconnect once every 5 minutes or so -- and this went on for days.

BTW I agree that a KVM provider which supports instant rDNS both on IPv4 and IPv6 is kind of hard to come by. Personally I currently use not a VPS but my Kimsufi dedi for IRC, OVH supports rDNS in their ManagerV3 since forever (for France servers) and added IPv6 NS delegation to ManagerV5 (Canada) recently.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    BTW I agree that a KVM provider which supports instant rDNS both on IPv4 and IPv6 is kind of hard to come by. Personally I currently use not a VPS but my Kimsufi dedi for IRC, OVH supports rDNS in their ManagerV3 since forever (for France servers) and added IPv6 NS delegation to ManagerV5 (Canada) recently.

Alas it wasn't within our control. HE's FMT2 tunnel broker has been getting, what i'm assuming, to be 10gig+ floods.

Rob from FH said that he has native v6 and abovenet due any day now. His v6 upgrades were pending a near complete redesign of their network as far as he said. Taken him a lot of time to get it done.

I'm hopeful for native since it was something I took for granted when I picked FH. I assumed they had it then had to cover my ass with the BGP tunnel. Like anything with HE, when it's stable it's solid, when it gets bumpy it goes to hell.

Francisco

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2013

@Francisco said:
    I assumed they had it

Yeah, when I put my server at Voxility I made the same mistake, it was sometime in August IIRC, since then it is " max 2-3 months till is ready", now it is "at the end of the week". But it never happens...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It's whatever, it'll be native soon and our 10gig is pending install already.

Right now there's a betting pot on IRC of who'll get v6 first, FH or CC.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    It's whatever, it'll be native soon and our 10gig is pending install already.

Right now there's a betting pot on IRC of who'll get v6 first, FH or CC.

Francisco

Make sure the people in the IRC write down who placed what bets so their grandchildren can collect on it someday

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@PenguinManifesto said:
    RamNode

Sure do!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

IPv6

Inceptionhosting (nl) - instant from control panel /128
    AllSimple (uk) - instant from control panel /112 or /64
    Oderland (se) - on request /128
    Securedragon (us - both locations) - on request /128
    Syscentral (de) - on request /128
    Afterburst/fanaticalvps (de) - on request /128
    Edis (only .at location & if william is in good mood) - on request /128
    Evorack (uk) - rDNS control (with own nameservers on request) for /64
    VPSCorner (md) - on request /128

edited.

• rds100rds100 Member

We also have rDNS support (both ipv4 and ipv6) through the control panel, though we don't like IRC much.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@rds100 said:
    though we don't like IRC much.

You said that nicely! :D
    He may not know who are "we". FitVPS.com - Varna, BG - very rare VPS location.

• FH has said Zayo since the last century imo

• If you have a KVM (Austria only) i can assign you a /48 and delegate reverse DNS to your nameservers (or HE or Rage4)
    5EUR one time fee, nothing recurring, you agree to have your client ID (no personal data) published in the RIPE DB.

• We offer native IPv6 with IPv6 rDNS on all of our OpenVZ VPS's.

• xeon3dxeon3d Member

@William I do have a KVM (probably in austria :P) how do we go from here? I've sent you a message.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

@Spirit, we have IPv6 in both Tampa and Denver. :)

• SpiritSpirit Member

@KuJoe with Denver, co1ovz01, I get "Reverse DNS is disabled for this ipaddress. Please contact support" for IPv6 rDNS that's why I said only Tampa with instant. Maybe some little misconfiguration?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

IPv6 rDNS in Tampa requires a support ticket also. I thought you meant we offered IPv6 in Tampa but not Denver. I misunderstood.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

I am sorry for confusion. Will edit my post above.

@KuJoe said:
    IPv6 rDNS in Tampa requires a support ticket also.

When I click at Tampa rDNS option in SolusVM I get proper "Edit reverse DNS entry for 2607:f3f0:2.." form to enter my rDNS and then "Update" button, while with Denver I see "Reverse DNS is disabled for this ipaddress. Please contact support".
    This difference with your preferences to do things automaticly where's possible made me to think that it's instant rDNS setup in Tampa.

• We offer rDNS for IPv4 and IPv6 on request in Kansas City, MO.

• BuyVM, Ramnode does both

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@xeon3d said:
    I also have another one at ramhost, but their IPv6 support is unexistant... :(

We did had an outage of IPv6 in our Atlanta location however that has since been fixed.

All of our service locations support full IPv6 capabilities. And all of our locations aside from our London location can handle IPv6 reverse dns as well.