Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 domains free for the taking
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 domains free for the taking

drmikedrmike Member
edited January 2012 in Offers

I have a pair of domains that I'm not doing anything with. Actually got them from someone else a few years ago. They're about ready to expire, registered with GoDaddy and I'm not going to use them.

They're free for the taking. I make this offer with the assumption that I can transfer them to another GoDaddy client. If I can't, I'm just going to let them expire.

STUDENT-LOAN-FAQ.INFO That expires on Jan 20th.

CAR-REMOTE-STARTERS.COM That expires on Feb 5th.

Comments

• boycottGoDaddy would be ashamed.

• Dang markdown :(

• Nice telling your paying customer that. :)

Agreed. That's why I'm trying to get rid of them. I was going to let them expire since I don;t use and/or need them but I thought I would put them up for grabs.

I;m trying to get the other domains moved today but I;m within the 30 day limit so I think I;m going to be stuck with paying for yet another year before I can move them.

• @drmike said: I;m within the 30 day limit

I've always been successful as long as I begin the transfer within 7 days of expiry.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@miTgiB said: I've always been successful as long as I begin the transfer within 7 days of expiry.

I think godaddy has 30. Working on the eurodns domains first. I've had personal experience with their customer service department. Tried to renew domains with them a few years ago but their website was broken. Took them a few days to fix the issue. By then my domains had already expired. Had to fight with them for not having to pay the $80 late fee for each domain.

edit: the eurodns ones are now pending. It's nice having some money to get this stuff done. :)

• I;m trying to get the other domains moved today but I;m within the 30 day limit so I think I;m going to be stuck with paying for yet another year before I can move them.

It's a myth I just transferred out some domains of Godaddy, which has less than 30 days remaining.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

I just had an issue with internet.bs so I;m waiting for a response from them until I move the rest over.

edit: Doesn't a transfer normally tack on a year to the registration time period? Only added on 2-3 months. :(

• rkrazyrkrazy Member
    edited January 2012

@drmike said: Doesn't a transfer normally tack on a year to the registration time period? Only added on 2-3 months. :(

Yes the transfer includes 1 year added to the reg date. I moved 8 domains from GD to Internet.bs. The rest I left behind to expire. Surprisingly no issues, the move was done within the same day.

• Internet.bs got back to me. They do tack on a year to a transfer for most *.tld's when transfered. They don't do it for *.be's though.

Probably *.tld rules I would assume. Not a biggie.

• Ahh I see - I don't have any cctld's. Good to know though.

• I just have them because they were free originally. Had a bunch but let many of them drop. Only two left and one of them just forwards to another domain now.

• Just as an FYI, they have a 99 cent coupon currently for a transfer. Was from a week ago but still appears to be current:

• Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited January 2012

@miTgiB said: I've always been successful as long as I begin the transfer within 7 days of expiry.
    @drmike said: I think godaddy has 30.

Around 15th of December I transfered the last domain I had on GoDaddy to InternetBS.

I started the trasfert at -8 days to expire date and finished at -1 day to expire date.

• @drmike said: Just as an FYI, they have a 99 cent coupon currently for a transfer. Was from a week ago but still appears to be current:

Time to use and abuse

• @Zetta said: Time to use and abuse

Only one per account.

The transfer for the *.us domain which I renewed in early December is not going through. No error though. 60 day rule on that maybe.

• @drmike cheers for the coupon; 62 pence to save my last ohnodaddy, I'm free! Haha! Fsck you Bob!

• @drmike said: Just as an FYI, they have a 99 cent coupon currently for a transfer. Was from a week ago but still appears to be current:

DAMN! I needed that like one month ago.

• The domains are still available in case anyone is paying attention.

• zachozacho Member
    edited January 2012

Hey drmike, I would be interested in these. Still have them?

• @zacho Rather give them to an active member but since no one wants them....